Welcome to the catalogue search page of Mere Museum, Mere, Wiltshire.
HOW TO SEARCH THE CATALOGUE
Enter your search terms in the box at the top of this page where it says “Search”.
Items with text that matches your terms will appear as brief summaries. For more detail about an item, click on “Continue reading” and you will see the fuller catalogue entry and a photograph of the item, if one is available.
Here are some tips to help your catalogue search:
- Results are shown in order of relevance, with most relevant shown first.
- The search is not case-sensitive. Searching for “baker” (occupation) will get the same results as searching for “Baker” (surname).
- It is a text string search, so searching for “farm” will find items about farms, farmers, Manor Farm, etc.
- Searching for two terms finds items where either is present, so a search for “East Knoyle” yields items about both East Knoyle and West Knoyle, but because of its most-relevant-first rule, the search engine will generally show the East Knoyle items first. The two terms don’t have to be adjacent or even in the same order, so “Stourhead gardens” gives you items about “gardens at Stourhead”; it will also shown items about other gardens, but lower down in the results because they are less relevant.
- If you put the words in quotes, then the search will look for an exact match. For example, East Knoyle finds anything with East or Knoyle in it, but “East Knoyle” will only find items with the words exactly in that order and both present. If you search for “Knoyle East” you get nothing.
- Unlike some web searches, you cannot exclude an unwanted result by prefixing it with a minus (-) sign.
Feel free to use the information and the images on this web site for personal use and educational purposes. For any other use, please get in touch with the Museum. Mere Museum makes no representation or warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information (and related graphics) on this web site. You assume full responsibility for using the information on this web site, and you understand and agree that neither the Museum nor any of its employees is responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use.
How was it for you?
We’d like to hear your comments about this new catalogue search:
- Did you have a problem with your search?
- How can we improve the search?
- Any other comments about the search?
Click on the button below to give us your feedback:
For more information about the Mere Museum, click on this button: